Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

 

Our little family of three has been on a journey the past few months and Mother's Day was our first Sunday to begin a major transistion in our lives. I wasn't really sure how Andrew was going to handle being in a new setting and spent most of the morning praying for the little guy to be at peace.  When we dropped him off, he said "Mom, I am going to be okay--are you?"  I shook my head and mumbled something or other but was seriously choked up with how well he did.

We go into service & the praise and worship music was exactly what our hearts needed.  They then bring out the kids for a special song.  In walks Andrew, his class stood right in front of us and they sang a song we sing often at home, "Be Careful Little Eyes"  It was a sweet moment & I was so very proud of him for standing up on stage singing his heart out.  At one point, the kid next to him got a bit to talkative and he leans over with his finger to his mouth and says "Shh!"  oh Jeff and I had a good laugh and Mama cried happy tears because my heart was at peace with the journey.


Later that day, after the traditional Sunday nap-we headed to Joe T Garcia's for dinner. May is the PERFECT time of year to eat at Joe T's the weather was perfect and it was fun just hanging outside with Jeff's family. Joe Cool made an apperance too...

 
And here is my traditional letter I write to Andrew.