Let's see if we can remove the cobwebs, turn back on the lights to the ole blog and see if we can get Summer 2013 in the books this Labor Day weekend.
My Mom and I headed down to Winnsboro, TX for the weekend, leaving Jeff back home for a much needed carefree weekend. It was a great day celebrating our cousin Jayde's memory and catching up with old friends. Click {Here} to read Jayde's story, Jaymie (my cousin and Jayde's mom) did a beautiful write up.
Andrew getting some Cousin GayGay hugs...
Andrew ran on the Hoche ball field with the big guys. Oh I can't wait to send him to CDR. Not because I am looking to get rid of him for a week but because I love this camp and all it stands for. I love the way that starting at 8 years old, I met some people who are still apart of my life today. Sweet friends, sweet memories and my little Heaven on earth. So grateful how God has used this place to connect me to Him.
And a trip to Deer Run is never complete with out a hug and howdy from my good friend Scarecrow. Many of my memories at Deer Run have Scarecrow smack dab in the middle of them. When I was on staff at Deer Run, he ALWAYS brought me a box of fruit to tide me over in the week. I so appreciate him and all that he has done for my little family. He is like a brother to me and was there for my brother and I the summer my parent's divorced and many years later. Truly grateful for him.
And on another note, this picture was taken while in front of me I watched some sweet friends get some news that will forever altar their family. The thing I love about the Deer Run family is that immediatley we stopped and said prayers for the Dean's and Becca and her kids after getting news of Barry's death. It was a hard summer for many of us Deer Runner's. If anything this summer has taught me that life is FRAGILE and no one knows what the future holds. Even though we know that the Lord is with us and that He is faithful to get us through anything, this summer was hard. I am grateful to have friends and family who love no matter what and who walk BESIDE you and love us in our dark days. Whew, I am a mess as I remember this day and this moment ... grateful for these sweet friends and this weekend to have with everyone. Our time together was way too short...
And to lighten this post up a bit, doesn't Andrew have the cutest run?!
Here's to many more visits to Dear ole Deer Run with my boy!