Wednesday, June 5, 2013

whoops.

I did not realize that I had not blogged since March 1st!  Soon after I wrote the Cowtown post, we left for San Diego and we have been going non-stop ever since.

how about a picture post to catch us up to the summer?

We took Andrew to Jeff's old stomping grounds in San Diego.  Jeff's parents have pictures of Jeff at Andrew's age running around the fountain in Balboa Park.  So of course we had to do the same...

The boys would have been perfectly content to hang at the beach the whole time.  Next year when we go, I am going to pack a beach chair, a few books and my IPOD and sit on the beach and chill while they build sandcastles.
 

 Our little beach buddy, he was so good this trip and you can tell that S.D is in HIS blood!

Right before the trip, we got rid of the paci.  I wasn't too sure how he was going to handle not having the paci to suck to sleep and then I sat in the back with him one day and snapped this picture.  Apparently the tongue is a great fill in for the paci.  I can always tell when he is tired when he starts to suck his tongue. 


We went to the model train museum at Balboa Park.  Both boys were in Heaven. :)

Jeff has many memories as a kid going to visit Mr Frostie with his grandparents.  This was Andrew's first ice cream by himself.  Please note the batman pj's and the rain boots--a staple outfit around these parts.
On the way home, we drove through Arizona and hit a road that had many, many roller coaster type hills.  I taught him to raise his hands and he would laugh and say "Wee!" as we went over each one.
We stopped at the Grand Canyon to take a peak.  At first Andrew was NOT having it.  After a bit of a family time out, he comes to this rock and starts singing.  I am not exaggerating this picture.  He was singing for all the people around him.  And the more they clapped, the more he entertained...God help us!!
When we got back to the real world, we hit life full steam ahead.  Andrew and I spent lots of time with just the two of us b/c Dad was working crazy hours.  One morning he woke up and asked to be a Cowboy (But wanted to keep his PJ's on) so I obliged because he was just too cute.  We then made Cinnamon toast and he wanted to keep an eye on things.  I think I am going to have to frame this picture and put it in our kitchen.  It's one of my all time favorites.
We have also been doing a bit of re landscaping our front bed.  We had bushes that were way over grown and so one night Jeff says, "you wanna toss em?" and I said, "Sure, why not?!" and so with the help of my brother in law (thank you Jason) we got those babies out of there in no time.  Andrew loved it until a worm crawled out of his hole...
and then the three amigos had another adventure in honor of Nanny's birthday. i will upload more pictures another day, I just wanted to show their cuteness to everyone.

Superman was tending to the newly planted flowers.
He insists on wearing his "gases" on our afternoon walks.  He wouldn't look at the camera b/c "I reading Mom."
and oh my word!!! When Daddy shaves--Andrew "shaves" and one day Jeff turned around and saw this mess of a child.  He says, "Why don't you go see Mommy?" So I snapped a picture and then cleaned his face off. 
 
hope you enjoyed the catch up post...I will start the summer 2013 soon.  But here is a sneak peak of the future Olympian.