Thursday, February 20, 2014

Drive In Movie


Today Andrew's preschool had their traditional drive in movie day.  You make a cardboard car for your child to watch the movie in.  This was a project that had Papa Johnson's name written all over it.  My Dad went over and beyond the call of duty and created an Army Jeep.  


When I picked Andrew up today I asked him how the car worked out.  He said "it was great and big enough for me to share with my friend ."

"You shared with your friend ?"

"Yes, his parents didn't bring a car so I shared."  Oh my goodness, I had tears in my eyes after hearing this. I was very proud of him.

And then the rest of the story that is so Andrew..."but then he started pulling down my car and I told him to stop & he didn't.  I said please stop again he didn't so I got mad and then got in trouble with my teacher."  

We talked about not sweating the small stuff and then just moved back to focusing on the big thing he did.  

Another side note story from today.  Andrew had a substitute teacher today, he stopped at the door looked at her like "who are you?!?"  Then he says "Mom come here a second." I wink at his teacher and get down on his level. "Uh Mom, I left something at the house. We need to go back and get it". 

Knowing he didn't leave anything , I ask him "Andrew, are you nervous because you have a different teacher?"

"Yes."  

"Well remember you have a Batman game waiting after school if you go in without a fit.  How about we go introduce ourselves so she's not a stranger?"

And he said hi & went right in. God bless that boy--it's been a GREAT day

I still laugh that he tried to get me to take him home.  He's a mess!