Friday, February 21, 2014

Today I Turn 36.

"Life is a journey more than it is a destination."
Wendy K Walters
 

 
I have a blessed life.
 
While cooking blueberry pancakes for the Little Man today, I said to myself, "I love my life." Not realizing I spoke those words out loud Andrew says, "What did you say Mom?"
 
"I said, 'I love my life.' The Lord has blessed us, Andrew Jon."
 
And his response, "OH!"  (I wish I could have read his thoughts)
 
But the truth is I am blessed.
 
I was born on February 21st at 10:10 in the morning.  Thanks to my mom and the birthday balloons she would have delivered to school at 10:10 in the morning, every single year--this time MEANS something to me.
 
Last year I was in a dark place.  The only thing that sustained me during that time was my time in God's Word.  One of my favorite verses comes from John 10:10
 
 
 
I decided last year that I would embrace my life because of who I am in Christ.
 
6 months later after declaring this new mantra, I had the cancer scare of 2013.  It changed me & when the tests came back clear, I decided now was my time to live abundantly.
 
 
I will no longer walk in the past.  I will move forward.
I will dance when the mood fits (like now... MJ is singing Beat It on 80's radio...)
I will surround myself with people who love to laugh.
I will surround myself who are willing to love me warts and all. 
I will love others just as Christ called us to love.
I will teach scripture to Andrew and sing songs of praise with him.
I will go on date nights with Jeff and love him fully just where the Lord has planted us.
I will dream big dreams.
I will give without expecting anything in return.
I will create with my hands --there is nothing like a good cutting and pasting session in my opinion.
I will challenge myself to run a 10K.
I will learn new things.
I will travel to new places.
I will not compare my life, my size or my child's behavior to others around me. 
I will live the life that God created just for ME. 
I will teach Andrew to love others well
I will teach him to be a friend even to the unfriendly.
I will teach him that it's okay to walk away even if it's for a season.
I will teach him there is nothing better than walking in the life God has created for you.
I will teach him to read because there really is no great gift than a good book.
I will serve in my local church.
I will serve on a mission trip with my husband and son in tow.
I will sit under the stars and just be.
I will invest in the old friendships that have been with me for a lifetime.
I will write handwritten notes to those in my past who had great influence on who I am today.
I will bake cookies for the family.
I will savor the quiet moments and the hectic ones knowing that they work with each other.
I will invite people into my home.
I will not worry about the future.
I will enjoy life to the fullest just where I am, knowing that the Lord's got this.

Happy Birthday to ME! :)