Last night Andrew & I headed out for a run. He was rewarded with a trip to Gotham City-- the name he has given to the park in our neighborhood.
When we arrived there were 3 middle school girls and one boy laying on the slides like beached whales. They did not like that a three old came to play on the playground they were perched on. He was so excited to share with them that this place was his Bat cave. They slowly got up from slides, throwing ugly looks at Andrew then cautionary looks my way to see if I was watching. I was. They moved around this wall and continued to talk ugly about "that kid", away from my watchful eye. There was a brief moment where I thought I might say something but decided against it. I am 36 years old. I can act more wiser than 12 year old girls. Plus let's be honest, when I was their age, I probably would have done the same. They left him alone -steered far away from "that kid." But Andrew kept observing them, taking in every movement. After they left he declared he was a TEENAGER too and pretended to lay on the slides like they did.
Oh my goodness! He makes me laugh!
Later after arriving home, we pulled his bike out. He said "Mom this is how teenagers stand with their bikes." His impersonation of those kids was spot on. I hope to raise Andrew to realize the impact that his attitude has on all ages. I am also thankful that he is 10 years away from being a TEENAGER!

